RATES, BOOKINGS, AND CANCELLATIONS
Rates are quoted in New Zealand Dollars (NZD) and are subject to change. They include Goods and Service Tax (GST) of 15%. It always pays to ask if other guides have included GST in their quotations.
Main Season – 1 October 2016 – 30 September 2017
Typically, I pick up clients any time between 7-8:30 am, and we fish at least eight hours. The actual length of the day depends on many factors, such as clients’ energy level and attitude, their plans, and the fishing. On long summer days with an evening rise on beats like the middle to lower Mataura, we often fish the last hours of the light.
Standard Full-Day Rate
Queenstown and Wanaka
October 1 to May 31
One angler -- NZD $840
Two anglers – NZD $425 each ($850)
Full day guided fishing includes:
- pickup from accommodation.
- Use of quality rods and reels: Thomas and Thomas, Sage, Ross
- Custom flies
- TroutHunter Fluourocarbon
- Healthy, quality lunch
- Nikon professional photos
- Boots and waders can be rented for a small additional charge: $20 daily rental for boots; $30 for waders.
Not included in my daily rate:
- Fishing Licences
- Boat or helicopter charters.
- Clients pay boat or helicopter charters directly to the operators, typically either by cash or credit card, just before departure.
Mataura River from Gore:
1 October—31 May
Full day on the Mataura, from Gore area
One angler NZD $750
Two anglers NZD $385 each ($770)
Helifishing packages starting at NZD $2,160
- One day guiding for two anglers.
- Helicopter transport.
- Pick up from and return to accommodation.
- Use of quality rods and reels, custom flies, lunch and professional Nikon photography.
- Licenses are an additional cost.
Please note, this is the price of one of the least expensive helicopter trips. Helicopter transport for most destinations runs $2-3K NZD, for pick up and drop off, in addition to guiding and overnight fees.
OVERNIGHT HELICOPTER CAMPOUT PACKAGE:
Chartering a helicopter to access a remote wilderness river and camping out overnight, with two full days of fishing, fine dining, and a full breakfast.
Beginning at NZD $3,400. From Queenstown or Wanaka to the closest backcountry river.
- Includes guide fee for two days, helicopter charter, campout equipment, dinner, breakfast and two lunches.
- Use of quality rods and reels, custom flies, and photography.
- Fishing Licences and evening beverages are additional costs.
Boat transportation and fixed-wing aircraft are signficantly cheaper, but they are more subject to cancellation when the wind kicks up.
N.B.: Queenstown and Wanaka are often places long-lost mates meet up prior to fishing trips. Take care that you’re not lured by the Sirens’ Song to overindulge the night before a wilderness helicopter trip. Being hung over in a helicopter can challenge your constitution. Save the late-night partying for your return.
* * *
WINTER FISHING SEASON:
Available at any time from May 1st – 30th September – 1 or 2 anglers – NZD 700.00
- Fishing days are shorter during winter. The best fishing is typically in the middle of the day. Anglers must supply own lunch.
- Guide will meet anglers at prearranged location. If my vehicle is required, anglers will refill the fuel tank at the end of the day’s fishing.
- Fishing Licences are an additional cost.
BOOKINGS AND PAYMENTS
Please read carefully. If you book dates with me, you agree to these terms, which are standard to our industry.
- A deposit is required to confirm a booking. All prices will be quoted in New Zealand Dollars (NZD) and will include a Goods and Service Tax (GST) of 15%. (It always pays to ask other guides if they include GST in their quotations.)
- A deposit invoice will be issued and can be paid by Paypal, Visa or Mastercard, bank cheque or by direct credit to my bank account. Details are included in my invoice. If using Paypal or a credit card, please include the 4 percent transaction fee these companies charge. No transaction fees are necessary for direct deposit or cash.
- Fishing dates specified in the deposit invoice will be held for seven days from the invoice date.
- Deposits will be a minimum of 33% of the estimated total guiding fee. Another 33% is due one month from the departure date.
- The balance is due the day before the trip begins, with any additional costs incurred due the day the trip finishes.
- Clients accept responsibility for paying for any equipment they damage when the trip is finished.
- Preferred methods of payment are: cash, Visa, Mastercard, internet banking, bank transfer or bank cheque.
- Foreign personal cheques are not accepted.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended. Ask your travel or insurance agent to go over coverage and deductibles. Earthquakes in November of 2016 remind us of the relevance of this point.
- Late cancellations are a significant burden for any small business. This is especially true with fly-fishing travel companies. In case of client cancellations, the deposit is forfeited unless the client finds a replacement angler. In some cases, Wild Angler will honor deposits towards another trip within a calendar year. Late payments may incur reasonable billing, interest and collection fees as well as an Irish Tinker's curse.
- Wild Angler Fly Fishing cannot be responsible for customers’ property. By placing a deposit, you agree to release us from all liability for loss or damage to your property, previous lifestyle or marriage. You also agree to release our staff from responsibility of personal injury resulting from the failure by you or your group to follow our advice.